The Mablethorpe Area Partnership was established in 2010. It is an organisation made up of representatives from local businesses, the Town & District Council and voluntary organisations who work together to improve the area. The Town Manager is the only paid member of the Partnership with all other members voluntarily giving their time to benefit the area.
"The Mablethorpe Area Partnership vision is to provide a strategic drive for a stronger economy and better future for our coastal area."
The objectives of the Partnership are:-
- To project an image of the area as a centre for retail, residential, commercial, culture, entertainment and tourism which will ensure its viability in order to sustain regeneration.
- To develop and promote a unique brand/identity for the Partnership area.
- To encourage the private, public and third sector to work together to strengthen economic prosperity and quality of life in town and village centre.
- To communicate Partnership initiatives and actions effectively to the whole community and visitor economy.
- To promote the highest design standards of public spaces in the area.
- To promote increased access by public transport and safety for cyclists and pedestrians.
- To source and secure funding opportunities for delivery of transformational projects in the partnership operational area.
- To seek to raise civic pride and sense of community.
Examples of some of our successful projects so far include:-
- Installation of High Street Banners promoting local events and attractions.
- Re-location of the weekly market to the High Street.
- Installation of new town signage, visitor map boards and interpretation boards.
- A strengthened events programme.
- Re-development of the town website in partnership with Bowhunter Websites.